- 275g Strong White Flour
- 175ml warm water
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
Simply mix all the ingredients, then knead for 10 minutes. Shape into a baguette, place on a floured tray covered with oiled cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes. Shape by cutting 3/4 way through with scissors at a 45 degree angle, then pulling each section to the side, alternating left then right. Bake at 180 for 25 minutes – use steam for a more satisfying crust.
SSLv2 was cracked in 1996. This command attempts to connect to the specified server using SSLv2.
openssl s_client -no_tls1 -no_ssl3 -connect www.foo.com:443
Whilst in vim edit mode, attempting to use arrow keys to navigate within the text results in funky characters appearing in the text.
:help compatible reveals the following information:
- *'compatible'* *'cp'* *'nocompatible'* *'nocp'* boolean (default on, off when a |vimrc| or |gvimrc| file is found) This option has the effect of making Vim either more Vi-compatible, or make Vim behave in a more useful way.
If you have no .vimrc file, Vim runs in compatibility mode by default. Copy the example .vimrc file into your home directory…
(N.B. Your example vimrc may be somewhere else!)
cp /usr/share/vim/vimrc.example ~/.vimrc
If you have an existing .vimrc file, compatibility must be switched on in that file.
Find the line in your .vimrc that switches compatibility on, and change it to: compatible off
If no such line exists, add the line compatible off to your .vimrc file.
Here is my interpretation of the W3C specs for procurement of a content management system in late 2010 – Any supplier of a web based system should be able to tick all the following boxes:
Keywords indicating requirement levels follow RFC 2119 at http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2119.html.
The latest W3C recommendations (standards) are referenced using the wording mandated by W3C.
XHTML / CSS
The system MUST adhere to the Principles, Constraints and Good Practice defined in W3C Architecture of the World Wide Web, Volume One at http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/
The output of the system MUST be strictly conforming XHTML 1.1 Documents as defined at http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml11-20010531/
All presentation style sheets MUST conform to CSS Level 2.1 as defined at http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-CSS2-20090908/
The system MUST demonstrate conformance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/ to Level AA and SHOULD demonstrate conformance to Level AAA.
All output SHOULD also be available in printable format as strictly conforming XHTML 1.1 Documents as defined at http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml11-20010531/ and MAY be available as conforming XHTML-Print 1.0 Documents as defined at http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xhtml-print-20060920/
The system SHOULD implement the Best Practices defined in Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-mobile-bp-20080729/#d0e2183
The system SHOULD demonstrate W3C mobileOK Basic conformance as defined at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20081208/
N.B. if mobile use of the system is a requirement, change SHOULD to MUST.
PianoBooster is an open source (GPL) application to teach piano, much like an interactive typing tutor… From the PianoBooster website:
PianoBooster is a fun way of playing along with a musical accompaniment and at the same time learning the basics of reading musical notation. The difference between playing along to a CD or a standard midi file is that PianoBooster listens and follows what you are playing on a midi piano keyboard.
I am determined to learn the piano to regain some of my neglected musical ability. But Piano Booster has no up to date OSX binary release, so I decided to spend a weekend creating one!
Here is the Universal Binary for OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) – compiled during March 2010. pianobooster-0.6.4-mac-osx-universal.dmg.zip
There is a bug with this version on my MacBook Pro 17 unibody – here is a video of the mysterious shifting fonts, there was a discussion on the piano booster forum to get to the root of the problem. The suggested fix was to build a snapshot from the SVN trunk… Unfortunately I ran out of time to build it, but I hope to help out Louis B (creator of Piano Booster) again sometime by creating a snapshot build (as soon as I have some spare time!).