Nigella’s Courgette Cake – better than carrot cake? I’m there! ;-P http://mixandfold.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/courgettecake.html
Picked up a pair of these from Bouche in the Pollet – Outrageously Orangey!!!
- cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs one by one (keep beating), add the vanilla.
- combine the flour, salt and baking powder, then add in 3 batches to the above.
- pour half the mixture into the baking vestibule, spoon over as much liquidy nutella as you dare, then add the remaining mixture. marble it up with a knife.
- Bake on 170c for 1 hour.
Translated from an American recipe, measured in cups – a cup is about half a pint, so here’s a good use for that half pint glass hiding at the back of the cupboard…
- 0.75 hp sugar
- 0.5 hp melted butter
- 1 hp Greek yogurt / milk mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1.75 hp plain flour
- 0.33 hp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 hp Chopped dark choc / chips
- Mix the liquid until combined.
- Sift the solid.
- Add liquid to solid, mix only until combined – not a moment longer!
- Add the chocolate
- Spoon into muffin cases, bake at 170C for 20-25 mins
- 250g flour
- 175g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Just enough water droplets to form dough
- ‘El Cheapo’ Mincemeat
- Orange zest
- Lemon zest
- Cinnamon and nutmeg
- Re hydrated raisins
Combine the ingredients, bake for 23mins at 180C.